Sunday, June 23, 2013

La Seine et Un Dîner Parisien


Before dinner last night we went took a Seine River cruise from Pont Neuf.  It was nice to see all of the Paris sights from the river, as well as each of the unique bridges that connect the left and right banks.



Afterwords, we decided to eat at one of the restaurants near my apartment.  Throughout the week we had been able to sit down at the cafes whenever we chose, so we had not anticipated needing to make a reservation, but on Saturday night even the small restaurants nearby were booked. Luckily we found one restaurant, La Robe et le Palais, that was able to seat us at a high top table in the bar area.  I looked through their unusual wine list (a wooden box of index cards with wine notes written on each) and chose a bottle of Cote Du Rhone for us to share. 



Until this dinner I had become a bit skeptical of French food. Most of the classic French dishes listed at the bistros, such as escargot and beef pate, are not appealing to me, and aside from bread and cheese I could not find much on the menus that I liked.  That all changed when we first tasted the salmon and cod dishes we had ordered. BEST fish of my life.  We ate and chatted for over an hour uninterrupted because in Paris the server never comes back to your table unless you explicitly call them over. I am so excited for more meals like this one :)  Thank you Mom! 



No comments:

Post a Comment