Sunday, June 23, 2013

Au Revoir Maman!

This morning I woke up and looked outside my window to see a group of people lining up to run a 10K. I found this quite amusing given that I had not seen a person intentionally exercising in Paris the entire week I've been here. Where did these people come from?? And are they really running 6 miles on cobblestone roads? Ouch.



This was my mom's last morning in Paris ;( We went to the nearby Le Zimmer restaurant for a farewell breakfast.  The standard breakfast included coffee, fresh squeezed juice, pastries, and of course a side of bread (I'm pretty sure the French food pyramid just recommends 10 - 15 daily servings of bread). Of course it was delicious.  I took a risk and ordered pamplemousse juice, which turned out to be grapefruit! yum.


Goodbye Mom! Thank you for making the trip out here with me :)


After dropping my mom off at the train station, I met up with a girl from my class to buy our train passes out to the suburbs for class. Then we met up with a few of our classmates for dinner. When the check arrived for dinner, it started to set in that I really have to start living on a budget now that I have no income, and Paris is no place to be on a budget! The (delicious) cocktails we ordered were 12 and the meals were 20€.  But I will make it work.  I can live on just the bread here if need be :) First day of school tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. For a while we had the pample-mousse Lacroix at DRW. Probably remember seeing cans similar to http://www.lacroixwater.com/product/varieties/pample-mousse/.

    ReplyDelete